Saturday, February 2, 2008

SoundBite Bowl to keep score of ads

I'm planning to post during the Super Bowl tomorrow, giving each ad one of the following scores:

Touchdown: a game-changing ad, something that has a substantial, positive effect on the advertiser's brand

Field Goal: an ad that scores points for the brand, but doesn't quite go all the way

Incomplete: an ad that doesn't connect, moving the brand neither forward nor backward

Fumble: an ad that totally drops the ball and has a negative effect on the brand

As always, comments are welcome. I'd like to hear whether your initial impressions match mine, before we're all influenced by what we read in the paper and hear at the watercooler on Monday.

P.S. I'm posting this from my phone, so I apologize for any formatting errors.

No comments: