Sunday, February 3, 2008

SoundBite Bowl Part I

Here are my scores for the first round of ads:

Bud Light “Fire” – FG: Funny spot from existing campaign that will work for the target audience. Remains to be seen how many bottles of beer it will sell, but it will get watercooler buzz tomorrow.

Audi "The Godfather: R8 Sports Car" – Incomplete (originally a fumble, but upon further review I'm giving this one an upgrade): So is this spot saying that the old Audi was inferior? How does that make me feel if I’m an Audi loyalist? Good use of a Godfather reference, and pretty car footage, but this seems like a step backward.

All night I'll be blogging about the Super Bowl ads, pretty much as they happen. Add your comments and let me know what you think about what you're watching (or what you watched, if you're reading this postgame).

No comments: