The Fort Wayne's ADDY Awards took place Saturday night, with a wide variety of the city's ad agency creatives receiving well-deserved kudos, congrats, and huzzahs. A lot of agencies went home happy, as the Journal Gazette reports, but some went home happier than others: Ferguson Advertising took home 13 gold ADDYs, Boyden & Youngblutt received 11, and One Lucky Guitar had an even 10. Catalyst Marketing & Design was honored with a Best of Show award, and LaBov & Beyond, Asher Agency, The Nichols Co., and Katie Kline, a University of Saint Francis student, all received judges' awards. A lot of other agencies did well, too.
Other highlights only hinted at, or not hinted at at all, by the JG:
- One member of the OLG team swears the red sweat suits were NOT a "punk move," but a long-planned show of agency chemistry, fashion sense, and Wu-Tang-Clanness.
- Some people can pull off fake tattoos; some can't (Matt Georgi, I'll let you guess where you fall).
- The T-shirts were awesome.
- If you see SBB reader Beth H., tell her congratulations on her shiny gold ADDY.
- Mad Anthony's is a fine location for an after party.