Thursday, April 24, 2008

"Telling me what you don't know makes me trust you": Remarkable Communication on communicating with your customers

Great list from the Remarkable Communication blog on Monday: "50 Things Your Customers Wish You Knew." The whole list is worth reading, but here are my favorites:

  • Telling me what you don't know makes me trust you.
  • Your employees treat me about as well as you treat them.
  • My life is really stressful. If you can reduce that stress, you become immensely valuable to me.
  • Once you've won my trust and loyalty, the truth is you can screw up once in awhile and I will forgive you. If I don't think you're taking me for granted, that is.
  • When I refer my friends and you give them exceptional service, that makes me look and feel smart. I love that.
  • I'm lousy at admitting I was wrong, but I respect you when you do it.
  • There's no worse feeling than feeling like I was suckered into trusting you. If I'm screaming at you or one of your employees, that feeling is probably behind it somewhere.
  • Our relationship isn't equal and it never will be.
  • I hate salespeople, but I really like to buy things.
  • I want to buy your product, but I need you to help me justify it to myself.
  • I want you to do the hard work for me. Even better if I can get all the credit.
  • I'd rather do it the convoluted hard way than learn something new.
I'll add one more: If it's important to me, you better at least pretend it's important to you. I'd prefer that you think it's important, too, but even pretending to care is better than not caring.

No comments: